Recently Viewed Topics
Tenable Appliance 2.6.1 Release Notes - 12/4/2013
The following list describes significant changes that are included in the Tenable Appliance version 2.6.1, as well as any known issues and notes for upgrading. A PDF file of these release notes is also available here.
Currently Nessus, SecurityCenter, and PVS applications are supported on the appliance with LCE to be added in the future.
Please obtain and read the Tenable Appliance 2.6 Guide for complete installation or upgrade instructions. The newest version of this document is available at http://static.tenable.com/prod_docs/Tenable_Appliance_2.6_Guide.pdf.
Obtaining the Image
The Tenable Virtual Appliance image is available for VMware Server, VMware Player, VMware ESX, VMware Workstation, VMware Fusion, and vSphere (http://vmware.com) as well as Hyper-V and may be downloaded from the Tenable Downloads page.
File Names & MD5 Checksums
The documents listed below are available for download from the Documentation Center:
- Tenable Appliance 2.6 Guide
- Tenable Series 100/200 Appliance Quick Start Guide
- Tenable Appliance Software License Agreement
New Features Added
- Updates the Tenable applications to the following versions: Nessus 5.2.4, SecurityCenter 4.7.1, and PVS 4.0.0
- Upgrade to phantomjs
- Added the ability to clear or reset Nessus plugins
- Provides a new Administrative Password Recovery function using QR code generation and Google Authenticator
- Additional bug fixes
Tenable Appliance 2.6.1 Update
Users of the VM and Hardware Appliance version 2.4.1 and higher can upgrade to 2.6.1 by applying the TenableAppliance 2.6.1 Update package. It is recommended that users applying this update upgrade their VM to 2GB of RAM or more.
Prior to updating Tenable Appliance version 2.4.1-2 or 2.6.0 systems, ensure the support patch Pre_261_Upgrade.tar.gz has been applied to the system. Failure to do so may render the system unbootable.
File Names & MD5 Checksums: