Log Correlation Engine WMI Monitor 4.2.0 Release Notes - 3/5/2014
The Log Correlation Engine WMI Monitor 4.2.0 is now available. This release contains the following changes:
- Added support for a set of "default" credentials. These credentials will be used by the WMI Monitor for all monitored hosts that do not have their own explicit credentials specified. Please use /opt/wmi_monitor/wmi_config_credentials to generate these credentials.
- Added a per-host time window that now tracks a monitored host when it disconnects from, then reconnects to, the network to receive logs stored on that host while it was off of the network. A new configuration element "delta-time-frame-cap" limits the size of the query window, in seconds.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Removed the legacy configuration wmi_monitor.conf file from new distributions and added set-server-ip.sh for easily configuring the client to connect to the LCE server.
- Improved robustness of policy update procedure that could cause issues previously if the policy changed while monitoring large numbers of hosts.
- Improved handling and logging of monitored hosts in different time zones.
- Fixed an issue where a policy was considered valid with an invalid IP or hostname.
- Fixed an issue where monitoring a large number of offline hosts would result in a delayed login with the LCE server.
File Names & MD5 Checksums