Recently Viewed Topics
The following new features are included in Nessus 8.0:
- Live Results: When users enable Live Results on a scan, Nessus checks newly-released plugins against previously collected scan data without having to run a full new scan.
- Vulnerability Snoozing/Inboxing: Users can “snooze” a vulnerability for a period of time, allowing them to focus on the vulnerabilities they wish to handle now, while having the ones they want to see later reappear after the set time period.
- Local Log Extraction: Users can download local Nessus logs for troubleshooting from the Nessus user interface.
- Vulnerability Grouping: Users can group vulnerabilites together by application, plugin, etc. so that the list of scan results is truncated and shows related vulnerabilities together.
The following features are being added back into Nessus reports with Nessus 8.0:
- Re-enabled collapsibility and expandability of HTML report sections
- Re-added color-coded bullets to show severity of plugin vulnerabilities
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
Fixed issue with report mismatch on port 53
Changed the verbiage of "Licensed Hosts: None"
Fixed issue in which UI becomes inaccessible due to scans being stuck in "processing" when attaching reports to emails
Updated Nessus so that accounts that got locked and have only one user can be unlocked
Fixed issue where Nessus Manager agent "platform" changes did not persist
Restored support for printing scan results from browser's print function
Fixed report export sorting
Fixed issue where the expiration date changes when plugins are manually updated
Fixed issue where error is displayed though proper scan name and target file was uploaded
Fixed issue in advanced settings where duplicate settings can be created if default setting is renamed
Fixed issue where plugin editor failed to correctly show all when that filter was enabled
Fixed issue in which Nessus Manager delivers a diff update with incorrect checksum
Fixed KMS helper build errors
File Names & MD5 Checksums
For a full list of file names and checksums for this release, see the Tenable Downloads Page.
To get the MD5 and SHA256 checksums for a file, click Checksum in the Details column.