TOC & Recently Viewed
Recently Viewed Topics
Nessus 8.4.0 Release Notes - 2019-05-14
The following are the new features included in Nessus 8.4.0:
- Introducing Nessus Essentials - Nessus Essentials is a free vulnerability scanner for up to 16 IPs that provides an entry point for users into the Tenable ecosystem. Backed by market leading functionality from Nessus Professional, Nessus Essentials gives you the accuracy and speed you need to discover, prioritize and remediate vulnerabilities. Ideal for educators, students and individuals starting their cyber security careers, Nessus Essentials helps you get started with vulnerability assessment.
- Updates to UI - Branding has been updated throughout the product along with some minor improvements to UI.
- Enhanced CSV export capability - Users can now select which fields to include as part of their CSV exports. If needed, users can revert to the default export settings.
- Agent Blackout Windows - The definition of blackout windows in Nessus Manager for agents is being extended with increased granularity. With this feature, blackout windows become more flexible by allowing customers to select specifically which activity is allowed and disallowed during a blackout window.
- Fixed issue with NFS plugin not properly detecting mountable drives.
- Fixed issue with plugin output attachments not opening correctly in some cases.
- Fixed issue with disappearing scan result search filter when no result is returned by filter.
- Fixed issue with filters not applying correctly on certain Nessus reports.
- Fixed intermittent issue with reports not including all expected content.
- Fixed issue with the nessuscli command producing a benign warning.
- Fixed issue with ssl_cipher_list advanced setting not being honored.
- Fixed issue with Nessus installation of templates that cross multiple filesystems.
- Fixed a number of UI presentation issues.
Note: If your upgrade path skips versions of Nessus, Tenable recommends reviewing the release notes for all skipped versions. You may need to update your configurations because of features and functionality added in skipped versions.
- Upgrading to Nessus 8.4.0 will trigger a rebuild of your plugin database. This may take several minutes to complete.
- After you upgrade Nessus, downgrading to a prior version of Nessus is not supported. Please back up your system first.