Recently Viewed Topics
Note: Passive Vulnerability Scanner (PVS) is now known as Nessus Network Monitor (NNM).
This document describes the new features and improvements that are introduced in NNM 5.4.
- Upgrades from 4.2.1, 4.4.1, 5.0.0, and 5.2.0 to 5.3.0 are supported. Installations running previous versions of NNM 4.2.1 must upgrade to at least 4.2.1 prior to upgrading to NNM 5.4. Refer to the NNM 5.4 User Guide for details on upgrading to NNM 5.4.
- NNM 5.4 is compatible with SecurityCenter 4.7.x and later.
- The HTML5 User Interface is automatically updated to version 2.0.0 via a plugin update.
Support is available for the following platforms:
- Red Hat Linux ES 5 / CentOS 5 64-bit
- Red Hat Linux ES 6 / CentOS 6 64-bit
- Red Hat Linux ES 7 / CentOS 7 64-bit
- MacOS 10.8 - 10.9 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, Server 2008, and Server 2012 64-bit
File Names & Checksums
Integration with Gigamon
Use Gigamon’s GigaVUE platform to distribute traffic making it easier to scale and extend your Nessus Network Monitor deployment. This includes North-South traffic in the physical infrastructure as well as East-West traffic between and within virtualized servers. Deployed out-of-band, Gigamon’s Visibility Fabric aggregates and forwards only the relevant production traffic to Nessus Network Monitors. You can aggregate many taps to a single point or load balance a large stream across many points.
Native integration on APCON IntellaStore
IntellaStore provides complete visibility of both physical and virtual network traffic. The security visibility platform provides traffic aggregation, filtering, and load balancing. IntellaStore can also help pre-optimize traffic before routing to Nessus Network Monitor by deduplication, packet slicing, protocol stripping, and time stamping.
Downstream Integration with Waterfall Unidirectional Gateway
Waterfall Security is a market leader in industrial perimeter unidirectional technology. Unidirectional Gateway appliances provide absolute protection to operational networks from attacks originating on external networks. Nessus Network Monitor seamlessly integrates with Waterfall's Unidirectional Gateway to monitor event data collected from the OT network and published uni-directionally to NNM.
Enhanced Asset Discovery
Detections for dozens of new asset attributes have been added that increase both breadth and depth of visibility for greater fidelity asset information. Examples include printer detection via TLS/SSL, MAC Address discovery via SNMP and VXLAN, Hostname via DNS and mDNS, and many more.
- Upgraded DPDK to 17.05.1.
- Upgraded HyperScan to 4.5.0.
- Upgraded OpenSSL to 1.0.2l.
- “Nessus Network Monitor” name change is now reflected in the product.