Recently Viewed Topics
Nessus Network Monitor 5.6.1 Release Notes - 9/25/2018
New Features and Changed Functionality
The following are the new features included in NNM 5.6.1:
- ICS/SCADA (OT) Coverage
Note: These new capabilities are premium NNM content, available only when NNM is used as a sensor for Industrial Security.
- Over 4,000 new individual ICS device detections across 13 device manufacturers - highlights include:
- 2679 new Rockwell/Allen-Bradley Device Detections including the following popular families:
- PLC-5 Series, SLC 500 Series PLCs
- SmartGuard 600 Series Safety Controllers
- Rockwell PanelView 5500 Series, PanelView Plus 7 Perf Touch Series & PanelView 800 Series HMIs
- 734 new Mitsubishi Device Detections including:
- MELSEC iQ-R Series, Q-Series, L-Series, FX-Series PLCs
- GOT 1000 Series and GOT 2000 Series HMIs
- 297 new Panasonic Device Detections, including:
- FP0R Series, FP0H Series, FP-Sigma Series, FP-X Series, FP-X0 Series, FP-XH Series, FP2sh Series, & FP7 Series PLCs
- GT Series HMIs
- 183 new Honeywell Device Detections, including:
- MasterLogic 200 Series, ControlEdge Series PLCs
- Added support for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 64-bit operating systems
- Added support for 10G NNM on Hyper-V (using currently supported 10G NICs)
- New Software Update Features
- Enables application updates from the same server that currently delivers plugins, web server and user interface updates (i.e., feed server or Tenable.io).
- A new configuration for what to update automatically is available in NNM CLI and Tenable.io NNM settings (all; web server, HTML client, plugins; plugins only; none).
- This feature covers stand-alone NNM and Tenable.io-connected NNM instances.
Upgrades from 4.2.1, 4.4.1, 5.0.0, and 5.2.0 to 5.4.1 are supported. Installations running previous versions of NNM 4.2.1 must upgrade to at least 4.2.1 prior to upgrading to NNM 5.6.1
Refer to the NNM 5.6.1 User Guide for details on upgrading to NNM 5.6.1.
Note: If your upgrade path skips versions of Nessus Network Monitor, Tenable recommends reviewing the release notes for all skipped versions. You may need to update your configurations because of features and functionality added in skipped versions.
- NNM 5.6.1 is compatible with SecurityCenter 4.7.x and later.
- NNM 5.6.1 is compatible with Industrial Security 1.1.1 and later.
- The NNM Web Server and NNM HTML5 User Interface are each automatically updated to version 2.2.1 via a plugin update.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
The following are the major upgrades and bug fixes included in NNM 5.6.1:
- Upgrade OpenSSL to 1.0.2p
Support is available for the following platforms:
- Red Hat Linux ES 5 / CentOS 5 64-bit
- Red Hat Linux ES 6 / CentOS 6 64-bit
- Red Hat Linux ES 7 / CentOS 7 64-bit
- MacOS 10.9 - 10.13 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista/7/8/10 and Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 (all 64-bit)
File Names and Checksums