Recently Viewed Topics
Passive Vulnerability Scanner 4.0.2 Release Notes - 4/2/2014
Note: Passive Vulnerability Scanner (PVS) is now known as Nessus Network Monitor (NNM).
The document describes the changes that are introduced in PVS 4.0.2, as well as significant issues that have been resolved and notes for upgrading. A PDF file of these release notes is also available here.
- PVS 4.0 will automatically import configuration from pvs.conf and pvs-proxy.conf into a database. More details are available in the PVS 4.0 User Guide.
- Copy the existing PVS license key file from the existing PVS to the workstation the initial setup will be completed from as the key will be requested during completion of the setup wizard
- PVS 4.0 is compatible with SecurityCenter 4.6 and later.
Stop the PVS daemon before performing the upgrade:
# /etc/init.d/pvs stop
The command syntax for an RPM upgrade is as follows:
# rpm -Uvh [RPM Package File Name]
Support is available for the following platforms:
- Red Hat Linux ES 5 / CentOS 5 32/64-bit
- Red Hat Linux ES 6 / CentOS 6 32/64-bit
- Mac OS X 10.8 and 10.9 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, Server 2008, and Server 2012 32/64-bit
The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package is a prerequisite that needs to be installed on Windows before installing PVS. Refer to the documentation for more information.
File Names & MD5 Checksums
Includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Expired PVS licenses or activation codes now returns the user to the Quick-Setup wizard to allow a new license to be entered
- The "External Access" tag was missing from hosts with Internet facing vulnerabilities. This has been added into the plugin output
- Relaxed the Password complexity requirements on the Web Proxy Password setting
- Relaxed the port setting restrictions for "Web Proxy Port" to allow ports below 1024 to be specified
- Fixed a filtering issue on the "Affected Host List"
- Fixed a dependency issue that caused some PASL script false positives
- Made multiple improvements to the plugin evaluation logic
- Removed non-printable characters from the data provided from some PASL scripts