Passive Vulnerability Scanner UI 1.2 Release Notes - 4/24/2014
Note: Passive Vulnerability Scanner (PVS) is now known as Nessus Network Monitor (NNM).
An updated version of the PVS user interface (version 1.2) was pushed into the feed today. This new version scales better, is easier to use, and has an improved look and feel.
The new UI has adopted some of the Nessus UI 2.x navigational improvements so that the client looks and operationally feels similar to the Nessus client.
The following are the other improvements made:
- Added table column headers in the Vulnerabilities, Applications, Operating Systems, and Connections views to enable sorting of vulnerabilities by different criteria
- Improve loading time for large reports
- Introduced Notification Center - provide access to historical notifications
- Enhanced usability on mobile devices
- Improved process of applying a PVS license key when PVS is used with SecurityCenter.
This update is being distributed through a plugin update, no upgrade necessary. The browser cache may need to be cleared and the browser refreshed to view the new client.