Recently Viewed Topics
Passive Vulnerability Scanner 4.0.3 Release Notes - 6/12/2014
Note: Passive Vulnerability Scanner (PVS) is now known as Nessus Network Monitor (NNM).
This version of PVS upgrades OpenSSL to 1.0.0m to address SSL/TLS MITM vulnerability (CVE-2014-0224).
- PVS 4.0 will automatically import configuration from pvs.conf and pvs-proxy.conf into a database. More details are available in the PVS 4.0 User Guide.
- Copy the existing PVS license key file from the existing PVS to the workstation the initial setup will be completed from as the key will be requested during completion of the setup wizard
- PVS 4.0 is compatible with SecurityCenter 4.6 and later.
Stop the PVS daemon before performing the upgrade:
# /etc/init.d/pvs stop
The command syntax for an RPM upgrade is as follows:
# rpm -Uvh [RPM Package File Name]
Support is available for the following platforms:
- Red Hat Linux ES 5 / CentOS 5 32/64-bit
- Red Hat Linux ES 6 / CentOS 6 32/64-bit
- Mac OS X 10.8 and 10.9 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, Server 2008, and Server 2012 32/64-bit
The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package is a prerequisite that needs to be installed on Windows before installing PVS. Refer to the documentation for more information.
File Names & MD5 Checksums