Recently Viewed Topics
Security Center 3.2.3 Hotfix01 Release Notes
As part of the release of Thunder 2.0.3 this Hotfix is being provided for those users of Security Center who also use Thunder.
The reason for this hotfix is that the showids binary and one of it's supporting files, TNS_ShowIDS.php, have been updated in Thunder 2.0.3 and must also be replaced in Security Center.
The showids binary is operating system specific and must be applied to a Security Center system running the correct OS. Please note that the Security Center services do NOT need to be stopped in order to install this hotfix. This procedure will have no impact on scans or other ongoing processes of Security Center.
The installation script will perform the following functions:
- Backup (copy) /opt/sc3/bin/showids
- Backup (copy) /opt/sc3/php-console/lib/TNS_ShowIDS.php
- Copy the new showids file into place
- Copy the new TNS_ShowIDS.php file into place
- Verify/set permissions on the new files
To install the files:
- Transfer the hotfix package to your Security Center system
- Extract the files to a temporary directory using the command:
tar xvfz <Hotfix Package Name>
- A directory will be created under the extraction directory, change to this new directory
- Run the install.sh file that is in the directory
The old showids file will be copied to the following location:
The old TNS_ShowIDS.php file will be copied to the following location:
The new showids file will be copied to the following location:
The new TNS_ShowIDS.php file will be copied to the following location: