SecurityCenter 4.7.0 Release Notes - 8/29/2013
This document describes many of the changes that are included in SecurityCenter 4.7, as well as significant enhancements and notes for upgrading. A PDF file of these release notes is also available here.
Upgrades are only supported for those users running SecurityCenter 4.2.0 and later. Users upgrading from 4.0.3 must first perform an upgrade to SecurityCenter 4.2 or 4.4 before attempting to upgrade to version 4.7. Please refer to the SecurityCenter 4.2 Upgrade Guide or SecurityCenter 4.4 Upgrade Guide for information about upgrading to SecurityCenter 4.2 or 4.4. Information about upgrading from SecurityCenter 4.2.0 and later is available in the SecurityCenter 4.7 Upgrade Guide.
SecurityCenter 4.7 only supports Nessus scanners 4.2 or later. In addition, if SecurityCenter leverages the Log Correlation Engine (LCE) for log processing, the LCE must be running a minimum of version 3.6.1 for compatibility purposes and LCE 4.2.x for complete feature compatibility.
The command syntax for an RPM upgrade is as follows:
# rpm -Uvh [RPM Package File Name]
File Names & MD5 Checksums
Changes and New Features
- New SecurityCenter feed will automatically update Dashboard, Report, and Asset templates as well as remediation lists. The latest audit plugins will become usable in SecurityCenter as soon as they are released in Nessus
- Ability to view Solaris servers when using the "List Software Tool"
- Added matrices to reports
- Sortable columns when dealing with Event data
- Scan, import, and summarize mobile device vulnerability data using a number of analysis tools
- Drill-down to get to mobile device vulnerability details
- Filter mobile data
- Report on mobile data
- Create dashboard components featuring mobile data
- Save, load, and manage mobile queries
- Synch mobile repositories across different SecurityCenters
- Import/export a mobile repository
- Pull mobile device vulnerability information from Apple MDM, ActiveSync, and Good MDM
- Download the raw OVAL/XCCDF results files after a scan completes
- Upload OVAL/XCCDF audit files as a new type
- Filter on an OVAL/XCCDF audit file
- Run a scan with OVAL/XCCDF files exactly like current audit files and browse the results
- Remediation driven vulnerability analysis tool (i.e., "Upgrade to the latest version of Google Chrome") including the impact of the fix
- Show vulnerabilities remediated, risk reduced, MS Bulletins remediated, CVEs remediated, and number of hosts affected
- Analysis tool can drive dashboards and reports
- Ability to manage accepted and re-casted risk rules as a user
- Set an expiration date for Accept Risk rules
Number of days it took to mitigate a vulnerability
- The "First Discovered" date/time will be modified to be the most recent first discovery, as opposed to the actual discovery
- The matrix will now allow mitigated vulnerability data
- A new filter is created to view the amount of time it took for a vulnerability to become mitigated
- Add a set of dashboard components from a dashboard collection template
- Add dashboard components from a list of pre-defined single component templates
- Select dashboard templates using operational categories
- Filter dashboard templates using tags
- Quickly add tabs and components
- Create custom dashboard components from scratch within the new template interface
- Search dashboard templates
- View the details of dashboard templates
- Configure dashboard templates to target specific assets/repositories/IP addresses
- Create a report using Tenable supplied templates
- Select report templates using operational categories
- Filter report templates using tags
- Create custom reports from scratch within the new template interface
- Search report templates
- View the details of report templates
- Configure report templates to target specific assets/repositories/IP addresses
- Create an asset using Tenable supplied templates
- Select assets using operational categories
- Filter asset templates using tags
- Create custom assets from scratch within the new template interface
- Search asset templates
- View the details of asset templates
- Blackout windows will now stop scans that are running when the blackout window starts. Previous functionality only prevented starting new scans during the window
- The stopped scan will turn into a rollover scan. The rollover scan will be configured to restart 24 hours after the stopped scan initially started or may be manually be started at an earlier time
- Improved styling
- Ability to export dashboards into a report
- Ability to create a report from an individual scan result using an existing template
- Publishing Sites can be duplicated on the Distribution Tab of DISA ARF and DISA ASR Reports.
- Authentication: Editing users using certificate authentication fails after password length restrictions are changed.
- Web app scan against virtual hosts not sending DNS names when default scan zone is used.
- Bar chart y-axis label incorrect for List Services output in reports.
- System->Keys: Error Code: 146 Unable to add SSH key when attempting to add an RSA or DSA key to SecurityCenter with an empty comment.
- DNS Asset Detail shows IPv4 addresses under IPv6 rep when IPv6 rep is defined with very large range.
- Selecting many Organizations when adding/editing publishing sites does retain all selections.