Recently Viewed Topics
This document describes many of the changes that are included in SecurityCenter 4.8.2, as well as significant enhancements and notes for upgrading. A PDF file of these release notes is also available here.
Upgrades are only supported for those users running SecurityCenter 4.8. Users upgrading from 4.7.x and earlier must first perform an upgrade to SecurityCenter 4.8 before attempting to upgrade to version 4.8.2. Please refer to the SecurityCenter 4.8 Upgrade Guide for information about upgrading to SecurityCenter 4.8. Information about upgrading from SecurityCenter 4.8 to 4.8.2 is available in the SecurityCenter 4.8.x Upgrade Guide.
SecurityCenter 4.8.2 only supports Nessus scanners 5.x or later. The Passive Vulnerability Scanner must be version 4.0 or higher. In addition, if SecurityCenter leverages the Log Correlation Engine (LCE) for log processing, the LCE must be running a minimum of version 3.6.1 for compatibility purposes and LCE 4.2.x for complete feature compatibility.
The command syntax for an RPM upgrade is as follows:
# rpm -Uvh [RPM Package File Name]
File Names & MD5 Checksums
4.8.2 New Features
- Report PDF table of contents - Generated reports now contain bookmarks within the PDF for easier navigation through large reports.
- Report name contains scan name - When a scan completes and is configured to generate a report, that report now includes the scan name from which it was generated.
- Larger file uploads - On new installations; a larger default file upload setting of 500MB is used.
- Bug fixed - A 404 Not Found error when uploading a license key or other text files
- Bug fixed - SecurityCenter error upon Nessus 6 policy import
- Bug fixed - where SecurityCenter becomes unresponsive when selecting: Scanning - Scans - Owner (and choosing a name from the drop-down)
- Bug fixed - the "address" filter in Scan Zones not behaving as expected when viewing CDIRs