This document describes many of the changes that are included in SecurityCenter 5.0.1, as well as significant enhancements and notes for upgrading. A PDF file of these release notes is also available here.
Upgrades to SecurityCenter 5.0.1 are only supported for those users currently running SecurityCenter 4.8.1 or higher. Users running previous versions will need to follow the upgrade path up to at least 4.8.1 before attempting to upgrade to SecurityCenter 5.0.1. Please refer to the SecurityCenter 5.0.1 Upgrade Guide for information on upgrading to SecurityCenter 5.0.1.
SecurityCenter 5.0.1 only supports Nessus scanners 6.3.6 or higher. The Passive Vulnerability Scanner must be version 4.0 or higher. In addition, if SecurityCenter leverages the Log Correlation Engine (LCE) for log processing, LCE 4.2 or higher is required for complete feature compatibility.
Note: with the change in API architecture (see below), all APIs created using SecurityCenter 4.x have been deprecated. Please log in to the Tenable Support Portal and access SecurityCenter 5.0 API Release Notes for additional details.
The command syntax for an RPM upgrade is as follows:
# rpm -Uvh [RPM Package File Name]
File Names & MD5 Checksums
5.0.1 New Features
- HTML5 UI - The UI has been updated to provide a variety of improvements including the Vulnerability Analysis screen, increased visibility of recast risks, the ability to launch remediation scans from the analysis screen, launch a report from an individual scan result, and more.
- Assurance Report Cards - These report types will allow clients to focus on measuring their success when aligning to business objectives. The formatting and layout of the Five Cyber Critical Controls report cards have been updated.
- CyberArk Credential Vault support - Users can now take advantage of CyberArk's credential vault to utilize centralized credential management when performing credentialed scans.
- Plugin database search - Users can now use a variety of filters to search through the Plugins database.
- Unlimited SSH and Windows credentials - Active scans can now be configured to utilize an unlimited number of SSH and Windows credentials.
- Security Enhancements - Included in SecurityCenter 5.0.1 are updates to PHP version 5.6.11 and OpenSSL 1.0.1p to address security related issues in prior versions.
- General - Enhancements also include stability improvements, general bug fixes, and updates to the CSV report outputs.