Add an NNM Instance
Required User Role: Administrator
Before you begin:
- Confirm you understand the complete scanning configuration process, as described in Nessus Network Monitor Instances.
To add an NNM instance to Tenable.sc:
Log in to Tenable.sc via the user interface.
Click Resources > Nessus Network Monitors.
The Nessus Network Monitor Scanners page appears.
The Add Nessus Network Monitor Scanner page appears.
- Configure the settings, as described in NNM Instance Settings.
- In the Name box, type a name for the scanner.
- In the Description box, type a description for the scanner.
- In the Host box, type the hostname or IP address for the scanner.
- In the Port box, view the default (8835) and modify, if necessary.
- If you want to disable this scanner's connection to Tenable.sc, click Enabled to disable the connection.
- If you want to verify that the hostname or IP address entered in the Host option matches the CommonName (CN) presented in the SSL certificate from the NNM server, click Verify Hostname to enable the toggle.
- If you want to use the proxy configured in NNM for communication with the scanner, click Use Proxy to enable the toggle.
- In the Type drop-down box, select the authentication type.
- If you selected Password as the Type:
- In the Username box, type the username for the account generated during the NNM installation for daemon-to-client client communications.
- In the Password box, type the password for the account generated during the NNM installation for daemon-to-client client communications
- If you selected SSL Certificate as the Type, click Choose File to upload a certificate.
- In the Repositories list, select one or more repositories where you want Tenable.sc to store the scanner data.