PVS server does not appear to be operational
Cannnot add a PVS server
- Check connectivity by telnetting from the SecurityCenter console yum into the PVS server on port 8835 (the pvs listening port). If successful, the response will include: Escape character is '^]'.
No vulnerabilities are being received from the PVS server
- Ensure that the PVS service is running on the PVS host.
- Ensure that the PVS is listed in SecurityCenter under “Resources” and “Passive Scanners” and that the status of the PVS is listed as “Working”. Click “Edit” to ensure that the IP address or hostname, port, username, password, and selected repositories for the PVS are all correct. Edit any incorrect entries to their correct state and click “Submit” to attempt to reinitialize the PVS’ scanning interface.
PVS plugins fail to update
- Manually test a plugin update under “Plugins” with “Update Plugins”. If successful, the line “Passive Plugins Last Updated” will update to the current date and time.
- Ensure that the SecurityCenter host is allowed outbound HTTPS connectivity to the PVS Plugin Update Site.
- For all other PVS plugin update issues, contact Tenable Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.