Recently Viewed Topics
Offline NNM Plugin Update
To perform an offline NNM plugin update:
If not already in place, install a NNM scanner on the same host as SecurityCenter. It does not need to be started or otherwise configured.
To prevent the NNM scanner from starting automatically upon restarting the system, run the following command:
# /sbin/systemctl is-enabled pvs off
Run the following command and save the challenge string that is displayed:
# /opt/pvs/bin/pvs –challenge
- Navigate your browser to .
- Paste the challenge string from Step 3 and your Activation Code in the appropriate boxes on the web page.
- Click Submit.
- On the next page, copy the link that starts with https://plugins.nessus.org/v2/pvs.php... and bookmark it in your browser. The other information on the page is not relevant for use with SecurityCenter.
Click the bookmarked link.
The page prompts you to download a file.
- Download the file, which is called sc-passive.tar.gz.
- Save the sc-passive.tar.gz on the system used to access your SecurityCenter GUI.
Note: Access the NNM feed setting and change the activation from offline to SecurityCenter.
Log in to SecurityCenter as an administrator user.
Click System > Configuration.
The Configuration page appears.
The Plugins/Feed Configuration page appears.
- In the Schedules section, expand the Passive Plugins options.
- Click Choose File and browse to the saved sc-passive.tar.gz file.
After several minutes, the plugin update finishes and the page updates the Last Updated date and time.