Recently Viewed Topics
Offline SecurityCenter Feed Update
Note: If the Nessus offline plugin update process has already been performed, start at step 5 using the same link that was used for the Nessus offline plugin process, which starts with “http://plugins.nessus.org/get.php...”.
If not already in place, install a Nessus scanner on the same host as SecurityCenter. It does not need to be started or otherwise configured.
To prevent the Nessus scanner from starting automatically upon restarting the system, run the following command:
# /sbin/systemctl is-enabled nessusd off
Run the following command and save the challenge string that is displayed:
# /opt/nessus/sbin/nessuscli fetch –-challenge
- Navigate your browser to .
- Take the challenge string from Step 2 and your Activation Code, and place those values in the appropriate options on the web page. Click the Submit button.
- On the next page, copy the link that starts with http://plugins.nessus.org/get.php... and save it as a favorite. Within the saved link change all-2.0.tar.gz to SecurityCenterFeed48.tar.gz. This link will be needed for future use. Do not click the link for nessus-fetch.rc as it is not needed.
- Go to the favorite you created, which will prompt you to download a file. Download the file, which will be called SecurityCenterFeed48.tar.gz.
- Save the SecurityCenterFeed48.tar.gz on the system used to access your SecurityCenter GUI.
- Log in to the SecurityCenter GUI as the admin user.
- Navigate to the System > Configuration page and click the Plugins/Feed option.
- Click Upload on the SecurityCenter Feed line and browse to the saved SecurityCenterFeed48.tar.gz file, and then upload to SecurityCenter.
- The plugin update will take several minutes to complete. The date and time will change in the Last Updated option when completed.