Recently Viewed Topics
Offline NNM Plugin Update
Requires SecurityCenter 4.2 or later.
If not already in place, install a NNM scanner on the same host as SecurityCenter. It does not need to be started or otherwise configured.
To prevent the NNM scanner from starting automatically upon restarting the system, run the following command:
# /sbin/systemctl is-enabled pvs off
Run the following command and save the challenge string that is displayed:
# /opt/pvs/bin/pvs –challenge
- Navigate your browser to .
- Take the challenge string from Step 2 and your Activation Code, and place those values in the appropriate options on the web page. Click the Submit button.
- On the next page, copy the link that starts with http://plugins.nessus.org/v2/pvs.php... and bookmark it in your browser. The other information on the page is not relevant for use with SecurityCenter.
- Click the bookmarked link, which will prompt you to download a file. Download the file, which will be called sc-passive.tar.gz.
- Save the sc-passive.tar.gz on the system used to access your SecurityCenter GUI.
Note: Access the NNM feed setting and change the activation from offline to SecurityCenter.
- Log in to the SecurityCenter GUI as the admin user.
- Navigate to the System > Configuration page and click the Plugins/Feed option.
- Click Upload on the Passive Plugins line and browse to the saved sc-passive.tar.gz file, and then upload to SecurityCenter.
- The plugin update will take a few to several minutes to complete. The date and time will change in the Last Updated option when completed.