Recently Viewed Topics
Add an Active Scan
For more information about active scan options, see Active Scans.
Before you begin:
- Confirm you are running Nessus 6.3.6 or later.
- Confirm you understand the complete scanning configuration process, as described in Scanning Overview.
To add an active scan:
Log in to SecurityCenter as an organizational user with appropriate permissions. For more information, see User Roles.
Click Scans > Active Scans.
The Active Scans page appears.
The Add Active Scan page appears.
- Click General.
- Type a Name for the scan.
- (Optional) Type a Description for the scan.
- Select a Policy for the scan.
- (Optional) Select a Schedule for the scan.
- Click Settings.
- If prompted, select a preconfigured Scan Zone for the scan.
- Select an Import Repository for the scan.
- Select a Scan Timeout Action for the scan.
- Select a Rollover Schedule for the scan.
- Enable or disable the Advanced options.
- Click Targets.
The page updates to show the required options for that target type.
Select a Target Type for the scan.
- Select one or more Assets and/or IPs / DNS Names for the scan.
(Optional) In the Credentials section, if you want to configure credentialed scanning, click Add Credential. Then:
- In the drop-down boxes, select a credential type and a preconfigured credential.
Click the check mark to save your selection.
(Optional) If you want to configure multiple credentials for the active scan, repeat step 19.
Note: When running an active scan, SecurityCenter attempts authentication using the newest credentials added by an Administrator user. If the newest Administrator-added credentials do not match, SecurityCenter attempts authentication with older Administrator-added credentials.
Then, if no Administrator-added credentials match, SecurityCenter attempts to authenticate using the newest credentials added by an organizational user. If the newest organizational user-added credentials do not match, SecurityCenter attempts authentication with older organizational user-added credentials.
If no credentials match, the scan runs without credentialed access.
- In the Post Scan section:
- (Optional) If you previously added an email address to your account profile and you want to configure email notifications, enable or disable E-Mail Me on Launch or E-Mail Me on Completion.
- (Optional) If you want to configure automatic report generation, click Add Report. For more information, see Add a Report to a Scan.
- Click Submit.