Recently Viewed Topics
Add an Active Scan
For more information about active scan options, see Active Scans.
Before You Begin
- Confirm that you meet the version requirements specified in Tenable Integrated Product Compatibility.
To add an active scan:
Log in to SecurityCenter as an organizational user with appropriate permissions. For more information, see User Roles.
Click Scans > Active Scans.
The Active Scans page appears.
The Add Active Scan page appears.
In the General section:
- Type a Name for the scan.
- (Optional) Type a Description for the scan.
- Select a Policy for the scan.
- (Optional) Select a Schedule for the scan.
- In the Settings section:
- If prompted, select a preconfigured Scan Zone for the scan.
- Select an Import Repository for the scan.
- Select a Scan Timeout Action for the scan.
- Select a Rollover Schedule for the scan.
- Enable or disable the Advanced options.
- In the Targets section:
Select a Target Type for the scan.
The page updates to show the required options for that target type.
- Select one or more Assets and/or IPs / DNS Names for the scan.
- (Optional) In the Credentials section, if you want to configure credentialed scanning, click Add Credential.
- In the Post Scan section:
- (Optional) If you previously added an email address to your account profile and you want to configure email notifications, enable or disable E-Mail Me on Launch or E-Mail Me on Completion.
- (Optional) If you want to configure automatic report generation, click Add Report. For more information, see Add a Report to a Scan.
- Click Submit.