Recently Viewed Topics
Offline Nessus Plugin Update
To perform an offline Nessus plugin update:
If not already in place, install a Nessus scanner on the same host as SecurityCenter. It does not need to be started or otherwise configured.
To prevent the Nessus scanner from starting automatically upon restarting the system, run the following command:
# /sbin/systemctl is-enabled nessusd off
Run the following command and save the challenge string that is displayed:
# /opt/nessus/sbin/nessuscli fetch –-challenge
- In your browser, navigate to .
- Paste the challenge string from Step 3 and your Activation Code in the appropriate boxes on the web page.
- Click Submit.
On the next page, copy the link that starts with https://plugins.nessus.org/get.php... and save it as a favorite. Within the saved link change all-2.0.tar.gz to sc-plugins-diff.tar.gz. This link will be needed for future use.
Caution: Do not click the link for nessus-fetch.rc.
Go to the favorite you created.
The page prompts you to download a file.
- Download the file, which is called sc-plugins-diff.tar.gz.
- Save the sc-plugins-diff.tar.gz on the system used to access your SecurityCenter GUI.
Log in to SecurityCenter as an administrator user.
Click System > Configuration.
The Configuration page appears.
The Plugins/Feed Configuration page appears.
- In the Schedules section, expand the Active Plugins options.
- Click Choose File and browse to the saved sc-plugins-diff.tar.gz file.
After several minutes, the plugin update finishes and the page updates the Last Updated date and time.