Recently Viewed Topics
Offline SecurityCenter Feed Update
Note: If the Nessus offline plugin update process has already been performed, start at step 5 using the same link that was used for the Nessus offline plugin process, which starts with https://plugins.nessus.org/get.php....
To perform an offline SecurityCenter feed update:
If not already in place, install a Nessus scanner on the same host as SecurityCenter. It does not need to be started or otherwise configured.
To prevent the Nessus scanner from starting automatically upon restarting the system, run the following command:
# /sbin/systemctl is-enabled nessusd off
Run the following command and save the challenge string that is displayed:
# /opt/nessus/sbin/nessuscli fetch --challenge
- Navigate your browser to .
- Paste the challenge string from Step 3 and your Activation Code in the appropriate boxes on the web page.
- Click Submit.
- On the next page, copy the link that starts with https://plugins.nessus.org/get.php... and save it as a favorite.
- Within the saved link change all-2.0.tar.gz to SecurityCenterFeed48.tar.gz. This link is needed for future use.
Caution: Do not click the link for nessus-fetch.rc as it is not needed.
Go to the favorite you created.
The page prompts you to download a file.
- Download the file, which will be called SecurityCenterFeed48.tar.gz.
- Save the SecurityCenterFeed48.tar.gz on the system used to access your SecurityCenter GUI.
Log in to SecurityCenter as an administrator user.
Click System > Configuration.
The Configuration page appears.
The Plugins/Feed Configuration page appears.
- In the Schedules section, expand the SecurityCenter Feed options.
- Click Choose File and browse to the saved SecurityCenterFeed48.tar.gz file.
After several minutes, the plugin update finishes and the page updates the Last Updated date and time.