Recently Viewed Topics
Edit a Report Outline
In Tenable.sc, the report outline allows you to modify the structure of a PDF, RTF, or template-based report.
The outline consists of the following components:
|chapter||primary||Highest-level component. Can contain any type of element (grouping, text, chart).|
|element||subordinate||A grouping, text, or chart element. Can be nested in a chapter or grouping component.|
To edit a report outline:
Click Reporting > Reports.
The Reports page appears.
In the reports table, click the name of the report you want to edit.
The Edit Report page appears.
In the left navigation bar, click Definition.
The report outline appears. The outline is, by default, expanded.
In the report outline, you can:
- Expand or collapse elements nested in the outline by clicking Collapse All or Expand All in the top navigation bar.
- Expand or collapse elements nested in an individual chapter or element by clicking the arrow next to the element.
- Add a custom chapter.
- Add a template chapter.
- Add or edit a report element.
- Reorder chapters and elements in a report.
Delete a report element by clicking the delete icon next to the element.
Note: Tenable.sc does not ask you to confirm this deletion. However, the deletion is not final until you save all changes to the report.
- Click Submit to save your changes to the report.