View Vulnerabilities by Host
Required User Role: Organizational user with appropriate permissions. For more information, see User Roles.
You can drill into analysis views, filtering by host, to view vulnerabilities and vulnerability instances on a host.
To view vulnerabilities and vulnerability instances associated with a host:
Log in to Tenable Security Center via the user interface.
Click Analysis > Vulnerabilities.
The Vulnerabilities page appears.
In the drop-down box, click IP Summary.
The IP Summary tool appears.
- Filter the tool to locate the host where you want to view vulnerability instance details, as described in Filters and Vulnerability Analysis Filter Components.
- To customize the table, see Interact with a Customizable Table.
- To view details of a vulnerability instance:
- Click the row for the vulnerability instance for which you want to view the details.
The Vulnerability List tool appears, filtered by the vulnerability instance you selected.
In this tool, you can:
Actions Jump to Vulnerability Detail View the Vulnerability Detail List page. This page displays the synopsis, description, solution, and the plugin output of the vulnerability. Export Export data as a .csv or a .pdf file, as described in Export Vulnerability Data. Save More
Open Ticket — Open a ticket, as described in Open a Ticket.
Set as Default View — Set this view as your default view.
Cumulative Switch between viewing cumulative vulnerabilities or mitigated vulnerabilities, as described in View Cumulative or Mitigated Vulnerabilities. Mitigated Switch between viewing cumulative vulnerabilities or mitigated vulnerabilities, as described in View Cumulative or Mitigated Vulnerabilities. Filters side bar Apply a filter, as described in Apply a Filter and Vulnerability Analysis Filter Components. Vulnerability row
- Click the Plugin ID to view the plugin details associated with the vulnerability, as described in View Plugin Details.
- Click the IP Address to view the host details for the vulnerability, as described in View Host Details.
Click the row to view the vulnerability instance details in the Vulnerability Detail List tool, as described in View Vulnerability Instance Details.
Tip: A vulnerability instance is a single instance of a vulnerability appearing on an asset, identified uniquely by plugin ID, port, and protocol.
To view the host details of an instance:
Click the IP Address link.
The System Information pane appears. For more information, see View Host Details.