Recently Viewed Topics
The following steps outline the configuration process to allow ServiceNow, through the use of the application, to poll and retrieve vulnerability data from Tenable.io. You must be logged in with a ServiceNow account that has the x_tsirm_tio_cmdb.admin role to perform the setup process.
The setup process involves these major steps, spelled out below in greater detail:
- Create Tenable.io API keys
- Create a Connector
- Configure the connection in Tenable.io for assets via an outbound sync
Configure CIs to push to Tenable.io
- Log into Tenable.io.
- Create an administrator account dedicated for use with this ServiceNow application. This account is used by ServiceNow to connect to Tenable.io to retrieve asset data.
- Generate API Keys and save them for use with ServiceNow.
Configure ServiceNow and Tenable.io Asset Connector
- Log into the ServiceNow console.
- In the left-hand pane, navigate to Tenable.io for Assets > Configuration > Connectors.
- Click Default Connector.
- On the Tenable Connector page, select the Active check box.
- In the Access Key field, type the value associated with your Tenable.io instance.
Tip: Use the API Key generated in the Create Tenable.io API Keys section of this document.
- In the Secret Key field, type the value associated with your Tenable.io instance.
Tip: Use the Secret Key generated in the Create Tenable.io API Keys section of this document.
- Click Update.
Within minutes, the connector starts syncing ServiceNow configuration items to Tenable.io.
Configure Assets to be Synced from ServiceNow to Tenable.io
- In ServiceNow, navigate to Tenable.io for Assets > Configuration > Connectors.
- Click the connector for which you wish to configure an outbound sync.
- At the bottom of the page, in the ServiceNow Asset Profiles list, click the asset profile for which you wish to configure an outbound sync.
Note: Optionally, to create a new asset profile, at the top of the page, click New.
The Profile page appears, where you can view the Conditions, Default Chunk Size, and the number of assets that will be synced based on your set conditions. Additionally, you can enable, disable, or set the profile to default.
- Select the Active check box.
To view ServiceNow configuration items synced to Tenable.io, in ServiceNow, navigate to Tenable.io for Assets > All Synchronized Items.
A list of all configuration items in ServiceNow that have a related record for the Tenable.io synced asset attributes appears.