Tenable recommends the following sequence to deploy and get started with Tenable Core + Tenable Web App Scanning.
To get started with Tenable Core:
- Confirm that your environment meets the requirements in Tenable Core Requirements. If necessary, prepare to increase your disk space after you deploy.
Deploy or install Tenable Core + Tenable Web App Scanning.Note: You can also deploy Tenable Core using the command-line interface (CLI). For more information, see Deploy Tenable Core in Microsoft Azure via the CLI.
(Optional) If you want to increase your disk space to accommodate your organization's data storage needs, do one of the following:
- If you are deploying Tenable Core + Tenable Web App Scanning as a virtual machine or on hardware, see Disk Management.
- If you are deploying Tenable Core + Tenable Web App Scanning in a cloud environment, refer to your cloud platform's documentation for information about increasing disk space.
- (Optional) If Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is not available on the network where you deployed Tenable Core, configure an IP address for your Tenable Core + Tenable Web App Scanning deployment.
(Optional) If necessary, log in as a wizard user and create an administrator account, as described in Create an Initial Administrator User Account.Note: You must create an administrator account if you deployed Tenable Core + Tenable Web App Scanning via one of the following methods:
- As a virtual machine
- On hardware
If you deployed Tenable Core + Tenable Web App Scanning in a cloud environment and you did not create a password during deployment, you must create a password for your administrator account.
- Log In to Tenable Core with your new administrator credentials.
- (Optional) If you want to create more user accounts, see Create New User Account.
- (Optional) If you want to configure Tenable Core to use a proxy server, see Configure a Proxy Server.
Configure Tenable Web App Scanning to meet the specifications you want for your application.
For more information about configuring and operating
Tenable Web App Scanning, see the Tenable Web App Scanning User Guide.
Configure and manage Tenable Core. To access the application interface, see Configure Tenable Core.