Tenable recommends the following sequence to deploy and get started with Tenable Core + Nessus Network Monitor.
To get started with Tenable Core:
- Confirm that your environment meets the requirements in Tenable Core Requirements. If necessary, prepare to increase your disk space after you deploy.
Deploy or install Tenable Core + Nessus Network Monitor.
(Optional) If you want to increase your disk space to accommodate your organization's data storage needs, see Disk Management.
- (Optional) If Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is not available on the network where you deployed Tenable Core, configure an IP address for your Tenable Core + Nessus Network Monitor deployment.
Log in as a wizard user and create an administrator account, as described in Create an Initial Administrator User Account.
- Log In to Tenable Core with your new administrator credentials.
- (Optional) If you want to create more user accounts, see Create New User Account.
- (Optional) If you want to configure Tenable Core to use a proxy server, see Configure a Proxy Server.
Configure NNM to meet the specifications you want for your application.
For more information about configuring and operating Nessus Network Monitor, see the Nessus Network Monitor User Guide.
Configure and manage Tenable Core. To access the application interface, see Configure and Manage.