Tenable recommends the following sequence to deploy and get started with Tenable Core + Tenable.sc.
To get started with Tenable Core:
- Confirm that your environment meets the requirements in Tenable Core Requirements. If necessary, prepare to increase your disk space after you deploy.
Deploy or install Tenable Core + Tenable.sc.
(Optional) If you want to increase your disk space to accommodate your organization's data storage needs, see Disk Management.
- (Optional) If Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is not available on the network where you deployed Tenable Core, configure an IP address for your Tenable Core + Tenable.sc deployment.
(Optional) If necessary, log in as a wizard user and create an administrator account, as described in Create an Initial Administrator User Account.Note: You must create an administrator account if you deployed Tenable Core + Tenable.sc via one of the following methods:
- As a virtual machine
- On hardware
If you deployed Tenable Core + Tenable.sc in a cloud environment and you did not create a password during deployment, you must you must create a password for your administrator account.
- Log In to Tenable Core with your new administrator credentials.
- (Optional) If you want to create more user accounts, see Create New User Account.
- (Optional) If you want to configure Tenable Core to use a proxy server, see Configure a Proxy Server.
Configure Tenable.sc to meet the specifications you want for your application.
For more information about configuring and operating Tenable.sc, see the Tenable.sc User Guide.
Configure and manage Tenable Core. To access the application interface, see Configure and Manage.