This topic describes the performance of, or functionality for, a new feature in Tenable.io Key Enhancements. For more information, see Tenable.io Key Enhancements.
On the Findings page, you can export one or more findings in CSV or JSON format.
To export your findings:
In the upper-left corner, click the button.
The left navigation plane appears.
In the left navigation plane, in the Explore section, click Findings.
The Findings page appears.
(Optional) Refine the table data. For more information, see Interact with a Customizable Table.
Select the findings that you want to export:
Export Scope Action Selected findings
To export selected findings:
In the findings table, select the check box for each finding you want to export.
The action bar appears at the top of the table.
In the action bar, click Export.
Note: The Export link is available for up to 200 selections. If you want to export more than 200 findings, select all the findings in the list and then click Export.
A single finding
To export from the Findings page:
In the findings table, right-click the row for the finding you want to export.
In the findings table, in the Actions column, click the button in the row for the finding you want to export.
The action buttons appear in the row.
- Click Export.
To export from the Details page:
In the findings table, click the row for the finding you want to export.
The Details page appears.
In the upper-right corner, click the Actions button.
A drop-down menu appears.
The Export plane appears. This plane contains:
- A text box to configure the export file name.
- A list of available export formats.
- A list of configuration options that includes:
- A list of fields to include in the exported file.
- A text box to configure the export expiration date.
- A toggle to configure the export schedule.
- A toggle to configure the email notification.
In the Name box, type a name for the export file.
Click the export format you want to use:
Format Description CSV
A CSV text file that contains a list of findings.
A JSON file that contains a nested list of findings.
Tenable.io does not include empty fields in the JSON file.
In the Configurations section, select the fields you want to include in the export file by selecting the check box next to any field. Use the text box to search for a field.
To view only the selected fields, click View Selected.
Note: When you export findings from the Findings page for the first time, the following fields are selected by default: Asset ID, Asset Name, Family, Finding ID, Last Updated, Name, Plugin ID, Port, Protocol, Severity, State, and Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR). If you modify these field selections, Tenable.io retains them as default the next time you export from the Findings page.
When you export findings from the Details page for the first time, all the fields are selected by default. If you modify these field selections, Tenable.io retains them as default the next time you export from the Details page.
Tenable.io always includes the Finding ID field in the export file.
Note: In the Findings section, if you select the Assets Grouping, you can only select five assets to Export. After the fifth selection, the exports option will disappear.
- In the Expiration box, type the number of days before the export file age outs.
- (Optional) To set a schedule for your export to repeat:
- Click the Schedule toggle.
- In the Start Date and Time section, select the date and time on which you want the export schedule to start.
- In the Time Zone drop-down box, select the time zone to which you want the schedule to adhere.
- In the Repeat drop-down box, select how often you want the export to repeat.
- In the drop-down Repeat Ends box, select the date on which you want the schedule to end.
The Schedule section appears.
Note: If you select Never, the schedule repeats until you modify or delete the export schedule.
- (Optional) To send email notifications on completion of export:
- Click the Email Notification toggle.
The Email Notification section appears.
- In the Add Recipients box, type the email addresses to which you want to send the export notification.
- In the Password box, type a password for the export file. Share this password with the recipients to allow them to download and open the file.
- Click the Email Notification toggle.
Tenable.io begins processing the export. Depending on the size of the exported data, Tenable.io may take several minutes to process the export.
When processing completes, Tenable.io downloads the export file to your computer. Depending on your browser settings, your browser may notify you that the download is complete.
- Access the export file via your browser's downloads directory. If you close the export plane before the download finishes, then you can access your export file in the Export Management View.