Export Recast Rules
Required User Role: Administrator
On the Accept/Recast Rules page, you can export one or more recast rules in CSV or JSON format.
To export your recast rules:
In the upper-left corner, click the button.
The left navigation plane appears.
In the left navigation plane, click Settings.
The Settings page appears.
Click the Recast tile.
The Accept/Recast Rules page appears. This page contains a table that lists all your recast rules.
(Optional) Refine the table data. For more information, see Filter a Table.
Select the recast rules that you want to export:
Export Scope Action Selected recast rules
To export selected recast rules:
In the recast rules table, select the check box for each recast rule you want to export.
The action bar appears at the top of the table.
In the action bar, click Export.
Note: The Export link is available for up to 200 selections. If you want to export more than 200 recast rules, select all the recast rules in the list and then click Export.
A single recast rule
To export a single recast rule:
In the recast rules table, right-click the row for the recast rule you want to export.
The action options appear next to your cursor.
In the recast rules table, in the Actions column, click the button in the row for the recast rule you want to export.
The action buttons appear in the row.
- Click Export.
The Export plane appears. This plane contains:
- A text box to configure the export file name.
- A list of available export formats.
- A table of configuration options for fields to include in the exported file.
- A text box to set the number of days before the export expires.
- A toggle to configure the export schedule.
Note: By default, all fields are selected.
- In the Name box, type a name for the export file.
Click the export format you want to use:
Format Description CSV
A CSV text file that contains a list of recast rules.
A JSON file that contains a nested list of recast rules.
Empty fields are not included in the JSON file.
(Optional) Deselect any fields you do not want to appear in the export file.
In the Expiration box, type the number of days before the export file expires.
Note: Tenable.io allows you to set a maximum of 30 calender days for export expiration.
(Optional) To set a schedule for your export to repeat:
- Click the Schedule toggle.
- In the Start Date and Time section, select the date and time on which you want the export schedule to start.
- In the Time Zone drop-down box, select the time zone to which you want the schedule to adhere.
- In the Repeat drop-down box, select how often you want the export to repeat.
- In the Repeat Ends drop-down, select the date on which you want the schedule to end.
Note: If you select never, the schedule repeats until you modify or delete the export schedule.
The Schedule section appears.
Tenable.io begins processing the export. Depending on the size of the exported data, Tenable.io may take several minutes to process the export.
When processing completes, Tenable.io downloads the export file to your computer. Depending on your browser settings, your browser may notify you that the download is complete.
- Access the export file via your browser's downloads directory. If you close the export plane before the download finishes, then you can access your export file in the Export Management View.