Edit Sensor Permissions
Required Tenable.io Vulnerability Management User Role: Scan Manager or Administrator
Required Tenable.io Web Application Scanning User Role: Scan Manager or Administrator
You can set the following Tenable.io user permissions levels in your sensor configuration:
- No Access — The user or group cannot use the scanner in scan configurations or edit the scanner configuration.
- Can Use — The user or group can use the scanner in scan configurations, but cannot edit the scanner configuration.
- Can Manage — The user or group can use the scanner in scan configurations and edit the scanner configuration.
To modify sensor permissions in the new interface:
In the upper-left corner, click the button.
The left navigation plane appears.
In the left navigation plane, click Settings.
The Settings page appears.
Click the Sensors tile.
The Sensors page appears. By default, the Nessus Scanners tab is active and Linked Scanners is selected in the drop-down box.
Click the appropriate sensor type tab.
A sensors table appears.
- If the sensor is a Nessus Scanner, click the Linked Scanners tab to view on-premises scanners linked to Tenable.io. For more information, see Linked Scanners.
In the table of linked sensors, click the sensor for which you want to set permissions.
The Details page appears. For all sensors except agents, the Overview tab is active by default.
Click the Permissions tab.
Note: By default, any user in your Tenable.io instance can use the scanner.
Do any of the following:
To select a permissions level from the drop-down box for the Default user.
To specify permissions for an individual user or user group:
In the Add users or user groups text box, type the name of a user or user group.
As you type, Tenable.io searches for matches to existing users or user groups.
In the search results, select a user or user group.
- In the permissions drop-down, select a permissions level for the user or user group you added.
- In the lower-right corner of the page, click Save.