Delete a Network
Required Tenable.io Vulnerability Management User Role: Scan Manager or Administrator
- If you delete a network, assets that were in the deleted network still retain the network attribute.
- Tenable.io retains any asset records for the deleted network until the assets age out of your licensed assets count. You can still filter for assets that use the deleted network.
- You cannot create a new network that has the same name as a deleted network.
Before you begin:
Before you delete a network, consider the following:
- Consider moving assets to a different network before you delete the network. To move assets from a deleted network to another network, you must use the Tenable.io API.
- Tenable.io re-assigns any scanners or scanner groups in the deleted network to the default network. If you want to delete the scanners or scanner groups, see Remove a Sensor from a Scanner Group and Delete a Scanner Group.
To delete a network:
In the upper-left corner, click the button.
The left navigation plane appears.
In the left navigation plane, click Settings.
The Settings page appears.
Click the Sensors tile.
The Sensors page appears. By default, Nessus Scanners is selected in the left navigation menu and the Cloud Scanners tab is active.
Click the Networks tab.
The Networks page appears.
In the row of the network you want to delete, click the button.
A confirmation window appears.
Tenable.io deletes the network.