Configure a Local Connector to Import Images
Required User Role: Administrator
To import and analyze images hosted in a local registry, you must configure your registry's connector. Tenable.io Container Security then imports the images from your registry and scans the images for vulnerabilities.
The amount of time Tenable.io Container Security takes to scan the images in your registry and display the results depends on the size and number of images you scan.
Note: If you use a connector to import and scan your images, Tenable.io Container Security may take up to several hours to display your images on the dashboard.
If your images do not appear on the dashboard within 24 hours of when you begin the import, contact Tenable Support.
Before you begin:
- Activate your account and log in to the web portal, as described in Log in to Tenable.io Container Security.
- Confirm the images you want to import are stored in your organization's container registry.
To configure a connector to a local container registry:
In the Connectors section of the Container Security dashboard, click Import.
The Select a Connector plane appears.
In the Container Security section, click the name of the type of container registry you want to use. Alternatively, type the name of the registry in the search box.
Note: If you want to connect to a registry that is not listed, contact Tenable Support and let them know that you want your container registry to be officially supported. If your registry is not listed but is Docker-compatible, select Docker. For information about Docker-compatible connectors, see the Docker Documentation.
- In the URL box, type your registry's URL.
- In the Port box, type your registry's port ID.
- In the Username box, type your username.
- In the Password box, type your password.
Use the Schedule Import toggle to enable or disable scheduled imports.
Note: By default, Tenable.io Container Security requests new and updated asset records every 12 hours.
- In the Import text box, type the frequency with which Tenable.io Container Security sends data requests to the registry.
- In the drop-down box, select Minutes, Hours, or Days.
Do one of the following:
To save the connector, click Save.
Note: If you click Save, Tenable.io Container Security saves your configured connector but does not import your assets. To launch a manual import for the connector, see Launch a Connector Import Manually in the Tenable.io Vulnerability Management User Guide.
To save the connector and import your assets from the registry, click Save & Import.
Note: Tenable.io Container Security may abort scans for imported container images if the scans have been pending for 60 minutes. If Tenable.io Container Security aborts your scan, use the Tenable.io CS Scanner to scan your image or images. To download, configure, and run the Tenable.io CS Scanner, see Tenable.io Container Security Scanner.
(Optional) Click Back to configure another connector.
What to do next:
- View the results of your scan, as described in View Scan Results for Container Images.