Log in to Tenable.io Container Security
Required User Role: Basic, Scan Operator, Standard, Scan Manager, or Administrator
Note: This topic describes the new Tenable.io interface. To log in to Tenable.io Container Security in the classic interface, see Log in to Tenable.io Container Security in the Classic Interface.
To access Tenable.io Container Security and view and manage your container assets, you must first log in to the Tenable.io Container Security dashboard.
Before you begin:
Obtain credentials for your Tenable.io user account.
Note: If you are an administrator logging in to your Tenable.io instance for the first time, Tenable provides your first-time credentials during setup. After you log in for the first time, you can set your new password. If you are logging in to Tenable.io after initial setup, your username is the email address you used to register for your Tenable.io account.
- Review the Tenable.io System Requirements in the General Requirements User Guide and confirm that your computer and browser meet the requirements.
To log in to Tenable.io Container Security in the new interface:
In a supported browser, navigate to https://cloud.tenable.com.
The Tenable.io login page appears.
In the username box, type your Tenable.io Container Security username.
- In the password box, type the Tenable.io Container Security password you created during registration.
- (Optional) To remain logged in until you sign out or close the browser, select the Remember Me check box. Otherwise, Tenable.io Container Security logs you out after a period of inactivity.
Click Sign In.
The Tenable.io landing page appears. The landing page displays the Vulnerability Management dashboard.
In the upper-left corner, click the button.
The left navigation plane appears.
Click Container Security.
The Container Security dashboard appears.
To log in to Tenable.io Container Security via a Docker command:
Note: If you use a Docker command to log in to Tenable.io Container Security Scanner, you can push images via the Docker command line interface (CLI). However, you cannot navigate the dashboard or use other interface features unless you log in through a browser.
Generate your API access and secret keys.
- In the Docker CLI, run the following command:docker login registry.cloud.tenable.com
The CLI prompts you to provide a username.
- Type your API access key.
The CLI prompts you to provide a password.
- Type your API secret key.
The Docker CLI logs you in to the Tenable.io Container Security registry.