Edit Tag Rules (Classic Interface)
Required User Role: Scan Operator, Standard, Scan Manager, or Administrator
Note: When you edit a tag rule, Tenable.io may take some time to apply the tag to existing assets, depending on the system load and the number of matching assets.
Note: You can add a maximum of 1,000 rules per individual tag.
To edit tag rules:
In the top navigation bar, click Settings.
The About page appears.
In the left navigation bar, click Tags.
The Tags page appears.
- In the tags table, click the button next to the tag you want to edit.
Click Edit Tag Value.
The Edit Tag Value window appears.
Do one of the following:
- Edit the tag value or related descriptions.
- In the Match drop-down box, click Any to apply the tag if an asset matches any of the tag rules you create, or click All to apply the tag only if an asset matches all of the tag rules you create.
- In the rule drop-down boxes, select different attributes or operators for an existing rule.
- Edit the rule value in the text box next to the rule drop-down boxes.
Note: The value you specify for the rule attribute is not case sensitive. For example, if you type the hostname "hostx," the rule matches to assets with hostname "HOSTX" and "hostx."
Refine the list of assets excluded from the tag.
- In the Excluded Assets table, click the check box next to any previously-excluded asset or assets you now want to include in dynamic evaluations.
Click Remove Selected.
Tenable.io evaluates the asset and adds the tag to the asset if the asset attributes match the tag's current rules.
Add a new rule.
- Click the + button next to the last existing rule.
- In the rule drop-down boxes, select an asset attribute and operator.
- Type a value for the attribute.
The Confirm Changes window appears.
Click Save to confirm.