Create a Google Cloud Platform Connector
Required User Role: Administrator
Before you begin:
- Complete the required GCP configuration steps.
To create a GCP connector:
In the upper-left corner, click the button.
The left navigation plane appears.
In the left navigation plane, click Settings.
The Settings page appears.
Click the Connectors widget.
The Connectors page appears. By default, the Connectors page displays a table of configured connectors.
In the upper-left corner of the page near the Connectors label, click the button.
The Select a Connector pane appears.
- In the Connectors section, click Google Cloud Platform.
The Google Cloud Platform pane appears.
In the Select or Create Network drop-down box, select an existing network for your connector or click the button to create a new network.Note: Networks help to avoid IP address collisions between cloud assets and Nessus-discovered assets. Tenable recommends creating a network for each connector type in use to prevent asset records in different cloud environments from overwriting each other. For more information about the network feature, see Networks.
In the Connector Name: box, type a name to identify the connector.
In the Service Account Key section, click Add File to upload your service account key that you obtained when configuring GCP.
The Auto Discovery toggle is always enabled and cannot be disabled. Any Project ID(s) associated with the service account you provided are auto-discovered and assets will be pulled from those projects.
- Use the Schedule Import: toggle to enable or disable scheduled imports.
Note: By default, Tenable.io requests new and updated asset records every 1 day.
- In the Import text box, type the frequency with which Tenable.io sends data requests to the GCP server.
- In the drop-down box select Minutes, Hours, or Days.
- Do one of the following:
- To save the connector, click Save.
- To save the connector and import your assets from GCP, click Save & Import.