You can use configure SSL client certificate authentication for
- SSL client certificates
- smart cards
- personal identity verification (PIV) cards
- Common Access Cards (CAC)
Configuring certificate authentication is a multi-step process.
To fully configure SSL client certificate authentication for
Tenable.scto allow SSL client certificate authentication, as described in Configure Tenable.sc to Allow SSL Client Certificate Authentication.
Tenable.scto trust certificates from your CA, as described in Trust a Custom CA.
- Add TNS-authenticated user accounts for the users you want to authenticate via certificate, as described in Add a TNS-Authenticated User.
- (Optional) If you want to validate client certificates against a certificate revocation list (CRL), configure CRLs or OCSP in
Tenable.sc, as described in Configure a CRL in Tenable.sc or Configure OCSP Validation in Tenable.sc.
What to do next:
- Instruct users to log in to
Tenable.scvia certificate, as described in Log in to the Web Interface via SSL Client Certificate.