Connect a Managed Tenable.sc Instance
Required User Role: Tenable.sc Director Administrator
For more information about using Tenable.sc Director to monitor your Tenable.sc instances, see Tenable.sc Director Deployments.
Before you begin:
- Confirm the Tenable.sc instance you want to connect to Tenable.sc Director is running the same Tenable.sc version as Tenable.sc Director. You must run the same version of Tenable.sc on your entire Tenable.sc Director deployment, including Tenable.sc Director and all managed Tenable.sc instances that you connect to Tenable.sc Director. Tenable.sc Director cannot communicate with managed Tenable.sc instances that are running a different version of Tenable.sc.
- Generate API keys for an administrator on the Tenable.sc instance you want to manage with Tenable.sc Director, as described in Generate API Keys in the Tenable.sc User Guide.
To connect a Tenable.sc instance to Tenable.sc Director:
Log in to Tenable.sc Director via the user interface.
Click Managed Instances.
The Tenable.sc Instances page appears.
Click the Add button.
The Add Tenable.sc Instance page appears.
- Configure the options for the managed Tenable.sc instance. For more information, see Managed Tenable.sc Instance Settings.
- In the Name box, type a name for the Tenable.sc instance.
- In the Port box, type the HTTPS port (typically, 443).
- In the IP Address box, type the IP address.
- (Optional) In the Description box, type a description.
- In the Access Key box, type the API access key for an administrator.
- In the Secret Key box, type the API secret key for an administrator.
- (Optional) To verify that the IP address entered in the IP Address option matches the CommonName (CN) presented in the SSL certificate from the Tenable.sc instance, enable the Verify Hostname toggle.
- (Optional) To use the proxy configured in Tenable.sc Director for communication with the Tenable.sc instance, enable the Use Proxy toggle.
Tenable.sc Director saves your configuration.
What to do next:
- Begin monitoring data on your managed Tenable.sc instances.
- To view the Nessus scanners, scan zones, and scan results on a managed Tenable.sc instance, see View Managed Tenable.sc Instance Details.
- To view the Nessus scanners on your managed Tenable.sc instances, see View Your Nessus Scanners.
- To view the scan zones on your managed Tenable.sc instances, see View Your Scan Zones.
- To view the scan results on your managed Tenable.sc instances, see View Scan Results.