View Your Nessus Scanners
Required User Role: Administrator
To view a list of configured Nessus scanners
Log in to Tenable.sc Director via the user interface.
Click Scan Infrastructure > Nessus Scanners.
The Nessus Scanners page appears.
- View details about each Nessus scanner.
- Name — The name for the scanner.
- Tenable.sc Instance — The name of the Tenable.sc instance where the scanner is configured. For more information, see Tenable.sc Director Deployments.
- Features — Specifies whether the scanner is a Standard scanner or an Agent Capable scanner. Agent capable scanners provide Nessus Agent scan results to Tenable.sc.
Status — The status of the scanner. For more information, see Nessus Scanner Statuses.
- Host — The IP address or hostname of the scanner.
- Version — The scanner's Nessus version.
- Type — The type of scanner connection.
Type Description Unknown Tenable.sc could not identify the scanner. Nessus (Unmanaged Plugins)
Tenable.sc accesses the scanner using a Nessus user account with Standard permissions.
Tenable.sc cannot send plugin updates to the scanner or manage the scanner's activation code.
Nessus (Managed Plugins)
Tenable.sc manages the scanner and authenticates via a Nessus user account.
Tenable.sc sends plugin updates to the scanner and manages the scanner's activation code.
- Uptime — The length of time, in days, that the scanner has been running.
- Last Modified — The date and time the scanner was last modified.
- To view details of a specific Nessus scanner, see View Details for a Nessus Scanner.
- To filter the scanners that appear on the page, apply a filter as described in Apply a Filter.
- To manually refresh the Status data,
in the Options drop-down box, click Update Status.
Tenable.sc Director refreshes the Status data.