Recently Viewed Topics
Upgrade to Tenable.io
Before You Begin
- Review the upgrade considerations and requirements, as described in Getting Started.
- In Tenable.io, generate API keys to use during the upgrade, as described in the Tenable.io Vulnerability Management User Guide.
To use the upgrade assistant:
- As an administrator, log in to Nessus Professional.
In the left navigation bar, click Upgrade Assistant.
Choose one of the following options:
If you already have a Tenable.io account, click Upgrade Now.
- If you do not have a Tenable.io account, click Sign Up First.
- Type an Access Key and API Secret Key, the API keys generated by Tenable.io.
- Type the Tenable.io Domain name.
- (Optional) Type a Nessus Pro Identifier, a label to identify the instance of Nessus Professional that you are upgrading.
The Confirm Upgrade dialog box appears.
Read the upgrade warning, then click Continue.
Your data upgrades from Nessus Professional to Tenable.io, which may take several minutes.
When the upgrade is complete, the Upgrade Complete screen appears.
- Click Continue to Tenable.io.
When the migration tool completes, review and resolve any post-migration action items noted on the Post-Migration Action Items tab.
Note: After the upgrade assistant completes, you can find a copy of the upgrade log in your local directory.
What to Do Next
- Learn more about Tenable.io: https://docs.tenable.com/tenableio.