Recently Viewed Topics
Upgrade to Tenable.io
In Nessus Professional (version 7.1 and later) and Nessus Manager (version 8.2 and later), you can use the upgrade assistant to migrate data from a Nessus deployment to a Tenable.io deployment.
Before You Begin
- Review the upgrade considerations and requirements, as described in Getting Started with Nessus Upgrade Assistant.
- In Tenable.io, generate API keys to use during the upgrade, as described in the Tenable.io Vulnerability Management User Guide.
To use the upgrade assistant:
- As an administrator, log in to Nessus.
- In the top navigation bar, click Settings.
In the left navigation bar, click Upgrade Assistant.
Choose one of the following options:
If you already have a Tenable.io account, click Upgrade Now.
- If you do not have a Tenable.io account, click Sign Up First and complete the remaining prompts.
- Type an Access Key and API Secret Key, the API keys generated by Tenable.io.
- Type the Tenable.io Domain name, which is the email domain of the user you registered for Tenable.io with.
- Type a Nessus Identifier, a label to identify the instance of Nessus that you are upgrading. This identifier is used to represent migrated scanner's configuration in Tenable.io.
The Confirm Upgrade dialog box appears.
Read the upgrade warning, then click Continue.
Your data upgrades from Nessus to Tenable.io, which may take several minutes.
When the upgrade is complete, the Upgrade Complete screen appears.
- Click Continue to Tenable.io.
When the upgrade assistant completes, review the migrated data.
Note: After the upgrade assistant completes, you can find a copy of the upgrade log in your local directory.
What to Do Next