Configure Tenable Security Center Credentials
To complete the installation process, you must complete the setup for the Tenable Add-on for Splunk.
For Tenable Security Center:
Required User Role: Security Analyst
To set up the Tenable Add-on for Splunk:
- Log in to your data collection node.
In the left navigation bar, click Tenable Add-on for Splunk.
Click the Configuration tab.
Click the Add button.
An Add Account window appears:Note: Tenable Security Center standard credential use is deprecated. Use Tenable Security Center API keys for account authentication. For more information on Tenable Security Center API keys, see Generate API Keys.
- In the Tenable Access Type drop-down box, select Tenable Security Center Credentials.
Enter the necessary information for each field. The following table describes the available options.
Input Parameters Description Account Name (Required) The unique name for each Tenable data input. Tenable Account Type (Required) The type of Tenable account - Tenable Vulnerability Management, Tenable Security Center API Keys, or Tenable Security Center Certificate. Address (Required) The hostname or IP address for Tenable Security Center. Verify SSL Certificate If enabled, Splunk verifies the certificate in Tenable Security Center. Username (Required) The username in Tenable Security Center. Password The password in Tenable Security Center. Proxy Enable
Enables the plugin to collect Tenable Security Center data via a proxy server. If you select this option, the plug- in prompts you to enter the following:
- Proxy Type - the type of proxy used.
- Proxy Host - the hostname or IP address of the proxy server.
- Proxy Port - the port number of the proxy server.
- Proxy Username - the username for an account that has permissions to access and use the proxy server.
- Proxy Password - the password associated with the username you provided.
- Click Add to complete the configuration.
- Create an Input for the Tenable Add-On for Splunk.