Link to Tenable Nessus Manager
During initial installation, you can install Tenable Nessus as a remote scanner linked to Tenable Nessus Manager. If you choose not to link the scanner during initial installation, you can link your Tenable Nessus scanner later.
Note: Once you link Nessus to Tenable Nessus Manager, it remains linked until you unlink it.
Before you begin:
- Configure Tenable Nessus as described in Configure Tenable Nessus.
- If the Tenable Nessus scanner is or was previously linked to Tenable Vulnerability Management, Tenable Security Center, or Tenable Nessus Manager, you need to unlink the scanner or run the nessuscli fix --reset-all command (for more information, see Fix Commands).
To link Nessus to Tenable Nessus Manager:
On the Welcome to Nessus screen, select Link Nessus to another Tenable product.
The Managed Scanner screen appears.
From the Managed by drop-down box, select Nessus Manager (Scanner).
- In the Host box, type Tenable Nessus Manager host.
- In the Port box, type the Tenable Nessus Manager port.
- In the Linking Key box, type the linking key from Tenable Nessus Manager.
The Create a user account screen appears.
- Create a Tenable Nessus administrator user account, which you use to log in to Tenable Nessus:
- In the Username box, enter a username.
In the Password box, enter a password for the user account.
Note: Passwords cannot contain Unicode characters.
Tenable Nessus finishes the configuration process, which may take several minutes.
Using the administrator user account you created, Sign In to Tenable Nessus.