Recently Viewed Topics
Uninstall Nessus on Linux
OPTIONAL: Export your Scans and Policies
- Go to the folder(s) where your scans are stored.
- Double-click the scan to view its dashboard.
- In the upper right corner, select the Export button, and then choose the Nessus DB option.
Stop Nessus Processes
- From within Nessus, verify any running scans have completed.
- From a command prompt, stop the nessusd daemon.
Examples: Nessus Daemon Stop Commands
# /sbin/service nessusd stop
# /etc/rc.d/nessusd stop
# service nessusd stop
# /etc/init.d/nessusd stop
Determine Nessus Package Name
From a command prompt, determine your package name.
Examples: Nessus Package Name Determination
# rpm -qa | grep Nessus
# dpkg -l | grep Nessus
# pkg_info | grep Nessus
- Using the package name identified, use the remove command specific to your Linux-style operating system.
Examples: Nessus Remove Commands
# rpm -e <Package Name>
# dpkg -r <package name>
# pkg delete <package name>
- Using the command specific to your Linux-style operating system, remove remaining files that were not part of the original installation.
Examples: Nessus Remove Command
# rm -rf /opt/nessus
# rm -rf /usr/local/nessus/bin
This completes the process of uninstalling the Nessus on the Linux operating systems.