Recently Viewed Topics
Upload a Certificate for a Trusted Certificate Authority
Uploading a Trusted Certificate Authority certificate authenticates the user to a supported Tenable application and allows the user to securely access an application without having to log in using a password each time.
Caution: You need to add a Trusted Certificate Authority certificate only when using the SSL/TLS Certificates to authenticate to Nessus, Nessus Network Monitor, or Tenable.sc or when authenticating Tenable.sc to its Nessus scanners.
Before you begin:
- Make sure you have the Trusted Certificate Authority certificate (.DER, .PEM, or .CRT are all accepted file extensions).
- Make sure you're in the left navigation pane for the appropriate server.
Note: The left navigation pane will list system pages vertically. Click the host navigation button in the expanding panel to navigate to the left navigation pane from another section.
Upload a Trusted Certificate Authority Certificate:
- Click SSL/TLS Certificates.
- On the System Certificate tab, navigate to the TRUSTED CERTIFICATE AUTHORITIES: section.
- Under Add Certificate Authority:, find the Certificate: field and click Choose File.
- Select the certificate.
- Click Install Certificate Authority. A success message displays letting you know the upload was successful.
Note: You can upload as many Trusted Certificate Authority certificates as needed. To remove a previously uploaded certificate, you must select the certificate and click the Delete button.