Create a Dashboard
Required Tenable.io Vulnerability Management User Role: Basic, Scan Operator, Standard, Scan Manager, or Administrator
Required Tenable.io Web Application Scanning User Role: Scan Operator, Standard, Scan Manager, or Administrator
You can create a custom dashboard or use the Template Library to create a copy from the available templates. Dashboards let you drill down to view the details of each widget.
To create a dashboard:
- View the Dashboards page.
- Click New Dashboard.
A list of options appears.
Do one of the following:To create a dashboard from a template:
To create a custom dashboard:
Click Template Library.
The Template Library page appears.
- In the library, locate the template you want to use.
- Hover over the template.
An overlay of template information and options appears.
- (Optional) To preview the dashboard template, click Preview. For more information, see Preview a Dashboard.
- Click Add.
An Added dashboard to Dashboards confirmation message appears
The new dashboard appears on the Dashboards page with the name Copy of selected dashboard.
Click Custom Dashboard.
The Edit Dashboard page appears.
Name the dashboard:
Click the name of the dashboard.
The name becomes an editable text box.
- Type a name for the dashboard.
Click the button to confirm the name change.
Tenable.io saves the updated name.
- Click the name of the dashboard.
Add a dashboard description:
Click the dashboard description.
The description becomes an editable text box.
- Type a description for the dashboard.
- Click the dashboard description.
Add widgets to the dashboard:
In the upper-right corner of the page, click <![CDATA[ ]]>Add Widgets.
A menu appears.
Do one of the following:
To add a widget from a template, click Template Widget.
The Widgets page appears.
Select the widget as described in Add a Widget to a Dashboard.
To add a custom widget, click Custom Widget.
The Create Widget page appears.
Configure the custom widget as described in Create a Custom Widget.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click <![CDATA[ ]]>Add Widgets.
Add dashboard filters:
In the upper-right corner of the page, click Edit Filter.
The Filter plane appears.
Note: The Edit Filter option does not appear if there are no widgets added to the dashboard.
Configure your dashboard filters as described in Filter a Dashboard.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Edit Filter.
(Optional) Reorder widgets on the dashboard:
- Roll over widget you want to move.
Press and hold the mouse button to select the widget.
The edges of the widget become defined and exhibit a raised appearance.
- Holding the mouse, drag the widget to the new location.
- Release the mouse button to drop the widget in the new location.
(Optional) Delete the dashboard:
In the lower-left corner of the page, click Delete Dashboard.
Tenable.io discards the newly created dashboard.
- In the lower-left corner of the page, click Delete Dashboard.
What to do next: