This topic describes the performance of, or functionality for, a new feature in Tenable.io Key Enhancements. For more information, see Tenable.io Key Enhancements.
Required User Role: Administrator
On the Roles page, you can export one or more user groups in CSV or JSON format.
To export your user roles:
In the upper-left corner, click the button.
The left navigation plane appears.
In the left navigation plane, click Settings.
The Settings page appears.
Click the Access Control tile.
The Access Control page appears. On this page, you can control user and group access to resources in your Tenable.io account.
Click the Roles tab.
(Optional) Refine the table data. For more information, see Interact with a Customizable Table.
Do one of the following:To export a single role:
To export multiple roles:
In the roles table, right-click the row for the role you want to export.
The action options appear next to your cursor.
In the roles table, in the Actions column, click the button in the row for the role you want to export.
The action buttons appear in the row.
In the roles table, select the check box for each role you want to export.
The action bar appears at the top of the table.
In the action bar, click Export.
Note: You can individually select and export up to 200 roles. If you want to export more than 200 roles, you must select all the roles on your Tenable.io instance by selecting the check box at the top of the roles table and then click Export.
The Export plane appears. This plane contains:
- A text box to configure the export file name.
- A list of available export formats.
- A table of configuration options for fields to include in the exported file.
- A text box to set the number of days before the export expires.
- A toggle to configure the export schedule.
Note: By default, all fields are selected.
- In the Name box, type a name for the export file.
Click the export format you want to use:
Format Description CSV
A CSV text file that contains a list of roles.
A JSON file that contains a nested list of roles.
Empty fields are not included in the JSON file.
(Optional) Deselect any fields you do not want to appear in the export file.
In the Expiration box, type the number of days before the export file expires.
Note: Tenable.io allows you to set a maximum of 30 calender days for export expiration.
(Optional) To set a schedule for your export to repeat:
- Click the Schedule toggle.
- In the Start Date and Time section, select the date and time on which you want the export schedule to start.
- In the Time Zone drop-down box, select the time zone to which you want the schedule to adhere.
- In the Repeat drop-down box, select how often you want the export to repeat.
- In the Repeat Ends drop-down, select the date on which you want the schedule to end.
Note: If you select never, the schedule repeats until you modify or delete the export schedule.
The Schedule section appears.
Tenable.io begins processing the export. Depending on the size of the exported data, Tenable.io may take several minutes to process the export.
When processing completes, Tenable.io downloads the export file to your computer. Depending on your browser settings, your browser may notify you that the download is complete.
- Access the export file via your browser's downloads directory. If you close the export plane before the download finishes, then you can access your export file in the Export Management View.