Add a Linked User
Required User Role: Administrator
To allow an Administrator user to switch to one or more Security Manager users without logging out and logging back in to Tenable.sc, add a linked user account to the Administrator. The following restrictions apply to linked user accounts:
- You cannot convert a standalone user account to a linked user account.
- Each Administrator can have one linked Security Manager per organization.
- You can only associate a linked Security Manager with a single Administrator user account.
To add a linked Security Manager to an Administrator:
Log in to Tenable.sc via the user interface.
Click Users > Users.
The Users page appears.
Right-click the row for the Administrator to which you want to add a linked user.
The actions menu appears.
Select the check box for the Administrator to which you want to add a linked user.
The available actions appear at the top of the table.
Click Add Linked User.
The Add User page appears. Tenable.sc pre-populates the First Name, Last Name, and Contact Information fields with values from the administrator user account.
- Select an Organization.
- (Optional) Modify the First Name and Last Name for the user.
- Type a Username for the user.
- Select a Time Zone.
- (Optional) Select a Scan Result Default Timeframe.
- (Optional) Enable Cached Fetching.
- (Optional) Enable or disable Dark Mode for the user.
- (Optional) Modify the Contact Information for the user.
Tenable.scsaves your configuration.
What to do next:
- Switch between linked Administrator and Security Manager user accounts, as described in Switch to a Linked User Account.