Edit Sensor Settings
Required Tenable Vulnerability Management User Role: Scan Manager or Administrator
You can edit certain settings for the following types of linked sensors:
- Tenable Nessus Network Monitor
- Tenable Nessus for Amazon Web Service (AWS)
To edit sensor settings in the new interface:
In the upper-left corner, click the button.
The left navigation plane appears.
In the left navigation plane, click Settings.
The Settings page appears.
Click the Sensors tile.
The Sensors page appears. By default, the Nessus Scanners tab is active and Linked Scanners is selected in the drop-down box.
- Click the appropriate sensor type tab.
The sensor table appears.
- If the sensor is a Nessus Scanner, do one of the following:
- In the drop-down box, select the Cloud Scanners tab to view cloud scanners connected to Tenable Vulnerability Management. For more information, see Cloud Sensors.
- In the drop-down box, select the Linked Scanners tab to view scanners linked to Tenable Vulnerability Management. For more information, see Linked Scanners
In the table of linked sensors, click the sensor for which you want to edit settings.
The sensor details appear. By default, the Overview tab is active.
Click the Settings tab.
The sensor settings appear.
Edit the sensor settings:
Setting Sensor Type Description Report Frequency NNM Specifies the frequency, in minutes, that you want the sensor to report information to Tenable Vulnerability Management. Software Update Type NNM (5.6.1 and later only)
Specifies which components, if any, you want Tenable Nessus Network Monitor to automatically update.
All components includes web server, HTML client, plugins, and engine.
Updates instances every (minutes) AWS Specifies the frequency, in minutes, that you want the AWS sensor to report information to Tenable Vulnerability Management about the instances it has access to.
- In the lower-right corner of the page, click Save.