After you install a Tenable Nessus scanner
Before you can use linked scanners in Tenable Vulnerability Management scans, you must:
- Install the appropriate Tenable product on the sensor or the host you want to scan.
Sensor Type More Information Tenable Nessus Agent
- Install Tenable Nessus Agent in the Tenable Nessus Agent Deployment and User Guide
Industrial Security is end-of-life (EOL). For information about EOL dates and policies for Tenable products, see the Tenable Software Release Lifecycle Matrix and Policy.
Tenable Nessus Network Monitor
- Install Tenable Nessus Network Monitor in the Tenable Nessus Network Monitor User Guide
- Deploy or Install Tenable Container Security + Tenable Nessus Network Monitor in the Tenable Core User Guide
- Install Tenable Nessus in the Tenable Nessus User Guide
- Deploy or Install Tenable Core + Tenable Nessus in the Tenable Core User Guide
Note: If a Tenable Nessus scanner has multiple NICs/interfaces, you may see multiple IPv4/IPv6 addresses for the scanner.
Tenable Web App Scanning
- Deploy or Install Tenable Core + Tenable Web App Scanning in the Tenable Core User Guide
Link the sensor
or link the agentto Tenable Vulnerability Management.
For more information, see the following topics: