Recently Viewed Topics
Following the processes below, you can migrate the Tenable Hardware ApplianceTenable no longer sells the Hardware Appliance but will continue to provide service for existing contracts until March, 2020..
Note: You must run a full system backup and download of the backup before you run the migration script.
Before you begin:
- Download the Hardware-Migration-4.1.0.tar.gz script and the Tenable Appliance-4.1.0-6-update.tar files from the Tenable Appliance 4.1.0 Images section on the Tenable Downloads page.
- Ensure the Hardware ApplianceTenable no longer sells the Hardware Appliance but will continue to provide service for existing contracts until March, 2020. has been upgraded from 3.8.0 to 3.10.1 via the supported upgrade path.
- Manually record the hostname and networking configurations. These are not retained after the migration is completed.
Note: If you don't know your Tenable.sc hostname or any specific routing or network settings, you may have issues with your Tenable.sc application. Certificate information is not maintained for the Appliance.
- Navigate to the Backup tab.
- Verify that the Take Backup of field is set to Whole Appliance.
- Click Take Backup.
A dialogue box appears.
- In the dialogue box, click Take Backup.
The system backup completes.
- In the Available Backups section, click Download Backup.
- Save the backup to a secure location.
- Reboot the system.
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Update Appliance section, click Choose File.
- Click the Hardware-Migration-4.1.0.tar.gz file that you previously downloaded.
The support script uploads.
- Click Perform Action.
A confirmation message appears when the migration is complete.
Note: The migration may take a substantial amount of time.
- In the Appliance tab, click Restart Appliance.
- Click OK.
The appliance restarts.
Note: When the Appliance restarts, the boot cycle will reinstall the Appliance image. The running post-installation scripts portion of the install may take a significant amount of time. The Appliance may restart several times during this cycle.
If the appliance previously had a statically assigned IP address:
- After the appliance restarts, log on to the local console for the appliance.
- In the main menu, click Configure IP Address to reset the IP address, default gateway, and DNS server IP addressed.
- Enter the new IP address.
Note: The IP address must be in CIDR, (i.e. 184.108.40.206/24) or decimal (i.e. 220.127.116.11/255.255.255.0) format.Click Reset.
If the host name is different from the default host name:
- Open a web browser and navigate to the Networking tab.
- Update the default host name to the reflect the correct host name.
- Click Set Hostname.
A dialogue box appears prompting you to restart the appliance.
- On the Administration tab, click Restart Appliance.
- Click OK.
- Take and download a full system backup. (See above process.)
Note: Tenable strongly recommends that you perform a backup again after migrating.
Note: The application data will be available after migration and can be restored to the new version of the software.