Migrate Your High Availability Configuration to Log Correlation Engine 6.0.5 or Later
You can use this method to upgrade your Log Correlation Engine 6.0.4 deployment with high availability to Log Correlation Engine 6.0.5 or later, then re-configure high availability. To configure high availability for the first time in Log Correlation Engine 6.0.4 or later, see Configure High Availability. For more information about high availability configurations, see High Availability.
To upgrade from Log Correlation Engine 6.0.4 to Log Correlation Engine 6.0.5 or later and re-configure high availability:
Log in to Log Correlation Engine via the command line interface (CLI).
In the CLI in Log Correlation Engine, run the following command on the standby node to make it a standalone node:/opt/lce/tools/ha-manager --disconnect
Run the following command on the master node to make it a standalone node:/opt/lce/tools/ha-manager --disconnect
- Run the following commands to remove Log Correlation Engine from the standby node:
rpm -e lce
rm -rf /opt/lce/
- If you moved activeDb from the default directory /opt/lice/db/, run the following command:
rm -rf <activeDb directory>
If you moved tracelogsDir from the default directory /opt/lce/admin/log, run the following command:
rm -rf <tracelongsDir directory>
- (Optional) Backup the activeDb of the master node using /opt/lce/tools/online-pg-backup.
On the master node, run the following command:rpm -Uvh lce-6.0.x-.....
On the standby node, run the following command:rpm -ivh lce-6.0.y-.....
- Configure high availability on the master and standby nodes, as described in Configure High Availability.
What to do next:
- Monitor your high availability status, as described in Monitor Your High Availability Configuration.